Hi, in this article I am sharing few basic but very important on-page and off page SEO techniques to get ride in google search results. As an SEO guy you must be knowing that ranking in google is not an easy task nowadays. So, question is how to rank easily in google and other search engines? Here is some basic things you need to consider for better google ranking of your website.
To find higher positions in search engines like google both on-page and off-page SEO is important. But as per my experience I am giving it the ratio of 6:4. Means, on-page seo (60%) and off-page seo (40%). Now go ahead and find the techniques below you need to follow while doing SEO for your website/brand.
On page SEO:
Optimization of the website:
- Title tags
- Meta Tags
- Meta Description
- Keywords in text
- Keywords in H1, H2, H3 tags
- Hyperlink (try to put hyperlink on keywords)
- Image description, image title tags, images alt text (very important)
- Search engine friendly URL (I recommend www.website.com/post-title)
- Bread crumbs (category and tags with domain URL)
- Internal links (links to other articles on website)
- Outbound links (links to other relevant articles outside the website)
- Robots file (very important)
- Sitemap (very important)
- W3 code validation
OFF Page SEO:
1. Links to your website
– From social media websites
– From other websites
– Business directory website (Yello pages, yelp, brabys, cylex, google+ business)
2. Google+ business page (very important for local SEO)
3. Product and service reviews (Google reviews)
4. Fully managed social media pages/company/organization profiles.
5. Search engine submission (Google, Yahoo, Bing).
Also, watch this video to know what is SEO & how it works:
NOTE: One more thing I would like to add here is – Overall design of the website. Keep in mind that the above SEO work only give’s you the better result when you have a responsive and mobile-friendly website with search engine friendly URL’S. So, don’t ignore the designing aspects of your website.